Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Letting off some steam


well, it's been a most eventful week for me... i am working my way through 2 assignments and one story for online...actually 2 stories for the online... the first assignment is for my History course on the Industrial Revolution which as due like on Friday and even now i'm still working on it. my second assignment due monday is for my politics class and i haven't even started on it coz i'm busy with the first bloody assignment! my two stories due are on two deaths... the first in on the King of tonga, i had done a copy which you can read in my previous post and i'm adding more stuff to it coz i had just gotten a copy of Prof. Hau'ofa's eulogy that he gave at the memorial service. then there's the second death - Sir Vijay Singh. He passed away recently and i'm still trying to work my way to that story while at the same time juggle with my other two assignments.

all in all, the stress in me is boiling. i spent half of last night working on my history essay and tonight i'm gonna spend another half finishing it off. i had to reference SEVEN (7) books for that essay and it's only 1500 words long! how am i gonna find JUST enough words for it! it's tough for me to restrict my self to only 1500 words.... why do we bother with word limits anyway???

so here i am wishing myself all the best and hoping that i make it through to finishing all my work in time for the weekend...

OH! tonight i was assigned to cover an event at the OCEANIA CENTRE and it was alright... there was a book launch by PIAS-DG and it's publication's arm IPS Publications... they launched four books that i think sound great, well at least two of them. the first is on Fiji it's called MOCEMOCE NA VANUA: THE LAND ABIDING and it's about the life and happenings of a small coastal town in Vanua Levu. The next book is A TAMA A AINGA (something to do with Samoa's traditional politics and it's effects on samoan society as a whole). both books sound promising and i truly wish the writer all the best!

i have to hand in this story tomorrow and i'm not even sure where it goes... all the best to me! lol

join me again in my next post as i work out my assignments and stuff and attend lectures and tutorials at the same time.... BYE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home