Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Poem - AN ODE TO ME

The past year for me
Was of much sorrow and pain
Experiences I gathered
Lessons learnt
Memories I constantly relive
Unable to let them go
For fear of losing myself
My identity
Me.

This year
I was never prepared for University
Its influence on me was mind-boggling
Things I never considered doing
I now do.
I had never imagined the change
It had on my lifestyle
My choices
Me.

But as the year draws to an end
I look back and see
The silver lining
Laid out through my dark clouds
New friendships I made
Old friends renewed
A family to whom I can relate
People who were that little ray of hope
Constantly pushing me forward
To better myself
Recreate my life
And be true to the person
Within:

Me.

^j^

Written by Sailosi Toganivalu
Saturday, October 21, 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspiration indeed!!well who says the bible is rubbish...you've just written out my life this year as well!!!we all part of the same body aeh!!!and go through the same trials but thank God that He is faithful not put us into anything that is beyond what we can bear!!!i love this Sy!!!Keep on!!!

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home