Thursday, November 16, 2006

High School Musical (Post #2)


Gosh! I don’t know what it is about this movie that’s got me hooked to it. I’ve just finished watching the DVD for like the 700th time and I never get tired of it. It’s gone to the point where I downloaded the whole soundtrack from vinden.nl. Right now I’m listening to all the tracks over and over again. It’s really cool and sorta addictive. I can’t get the songs out of my mind and they’re constantly ringing over and over again. The songs in order are:

1. Start of something new
2. Get’cha head in the game
3. What I’ve been looking for
4. What I’ve been looking for (reprise)
5. Stick to the status quo
6. When there was me and you
7. Bop to the top
8. Breaking free
9. We’re all in this together
10. I can’t take my eyes off of you

Right now, the song that’s playing is “When there was me and you”, a solo piece by Gabriella Montez (played by Vanessa Anne Hudgens). She has an amazing voice and has the potential to go farther than she could have imagined. I was checking out imdb and a user posted a comment saying how Disney has a gift of finding new talent who’ve got the stuff to make it big in Hollywood. Some notable names are Lindsay Lohan, Kirsten Dunst, and some other actresses (actors too).



The whole movie was directed by Kenny Ortega and he’s an amazing choreographer too. My cousin Kali said that Kenny was the choreographer for Dirty Dancing when he was younger. Now he’s a big director for Disney, currently he’s the director of TV series: “That’s just Raven” and “The Suite Life of Cody and Zack” not forgetting Hannah Montana. Interesting enough, the actors and actresses of High School Musical all do guest appearances in each other’s shows. For example, Zac Efron (who plays Troy Bolton), made a star appearance in Suite Life of Cody and Zack, where Ashley Tisdale (whose character in the movie is blonde snob: Sharpay Evans) is one of the main actresses.


All in all, I believe that this is one movie that will stick with me forever until of course I get to see the sequel when it comes out next year. Until then, it’s us when we’re all in this together. Lolz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home