Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Weekend

Well, things have been so busy for me that I almost forgot to upload a new post to this blog. Gosh! Did you actually think that I would forget to post something up on a weekly (if not daily basis)? Well, you thought wrong!

My weekend was ok; actually it was the best weekend ever for me! It began with the Malaga Singers dinner on Friday night which is a story on its own. Look to later posts to know exactly what happened on that Friday night. Hehehehehe… I trust that it would be worth your while. But back to the story, Saturday we didn’t do much at home except relax. What I didn’t know was that mum and dad had called a meeting of the family to discuss our contributions to Graham and Leibling’s wedding.

Wati came round with Sam and Claude; and after them came Akuila and Kesa. They were all here for the meeting. While the adults met, I put on a cartoon for the kids to watch – it was Clifford’s really BIG movie. I actually enjoyed it! It wasn’t like I had previously imagined it and I’m actually contemplating on watching it again. NO! I am not a totally aimless person; it’s just that I’d rather watch a good cartoon than some of the trash that’s coming out of Hollywood at the moment, except of course for Dream girls; which I am planning on watching as soon as I can come up with the funds.

That night, Wati asked if I could babysit her sons. She had to go for a friend’s anniversary dinner and her father was out for the night. I agreed of course, coz there was money in it for me… duh! So there I was babysitting the boys, we watched two movies: Funky Monkey (some B-grade movie) and Monster House (this is one dark animated film). Not long after I finished Monster House, we all knocked out in the living room.

Sunday morning, I had a cup of caro (fake coffee) and a slice of freshly baked bread for breakfast and after we had breakfast, Wati and Claude dropped me off home. We had to stop over at Kundan Singh’s so Wati could withdraw some cash from the ATM for some shopping and my babysitting payment ($20). I am an affordable babysitter so if you ever need a babysitter, give me a holler!

Got home and got ready for church, we went to church at ten and the service started at ten-thirty. It was pretty good, despite the fact that Jessica kept crawling to her father in front and then across to her grandmother sitting at the OHP desk. After the service, we had a family lunch at the back hall and I lay down for a well deserved sleep. I woke up just in time to catch a cab to the Music Centre for the first Malaga Singers rehearsal for the year. It was absolutely fabulous (lolz) and I haven’t sung that hard in such a long time. Igelese sure knows how to drive the power in your voice (power tiko vei iko… lolz).

After the practice, we had a meeting to discuss our plans for the fundraising for the year and everyone had to be involved in at least one committee. I had rostered myself for the month of May which is involved with organising a secondary school choral festival and Tiri also asked if I could help her with the June fundraising which was the Movie Nite. We all had our separate committee meetings and we finished by 6pm-ish.

Tiri dropped me home in her car along with Jason, Ronnie and Ravu (who was squeezed in between Jason and Ronnie in the backseat).

And that was my weekend (well, round about it). Like I said above, keep checking for my update on what I did on Friday night.

Ciao!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home