Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The stupid things we say



Well, I’ve had a hell of a time gathering small bits and pieces of stuff that’s been happening in the lives of people around me (who are dear to me!!!). The thing that really gets me is how dense people can be and just how far we’re willing to go just to make our lives look happy and satisfying when in all truth, deep inside, we’re hurting real bad and there’s nothing much we can do about it. It sorta makes me think of the reasons why I came up with this blog in the first place.

At first I wanted to use the blog to release all that pent up stress I was facing instead of resorting to lying down in bed crying to my pillow. And you know what? It’s actually worked, well once in a while. Sometimes, it’s just good enough for me to have a good cry over stuff, it helps me get over some of the issues I face everyday.

Anyway, back to what I wanted to talk about; I’ve noticed recently that people say a lot of things. Sometimes it can be figurative, at other times it’s literal. Most, if not all, the time it’s hurtful and negative things. We get into petty fights and pretty soon, our maturity goes out the window and we’re trading insults like we’re 6 year olds. And when it’s over and done with, we wish we could go back in time and take back everything we’ve said but it’s too late; the damage has been done and someone’s hurt from those very words. I know I’ve had my fair share of it – more than I can ever count.



All of last year I’ve learnt to watch what I say in front of some people and what I say in front of others. It’s difficult juggling it but then there’s no way around it, especially when I was warned by some close friends to be careful of what I say and do with some others who I thought were friends. It’s hard and sometimes, it can be down right hurtful to me but then it teaches me to exercise my conscience in every conversation. In the end, I come back happier knowing that I didn’t say or do anything that could have offended a good friend of mine.

I was thinking back to many conversations I’ve listened to (most are private and confidential) and I’m struck by how stupid some of our arguments sound. It’s just down right foolishness to think that what we’re fighting over is actually of importance to our daily lives. Damn, I’d love to give a good example right now but that’s confidential and I can’t say anything about it.



Hmmm, one thing I’ve noticed is that ever since I’ve started this blog, I’ve realised how easy it’s become for me to keep a secret. Because I have an avenue to vent my feelings and keep that secret; wow! I am actually proud of myself for that fact! [**self pat on the back**]

I’ve just about exhausted everything I was meaning to say on this issue so, that’s about it for now, but do check again for more of my ranting and raving on trivial issues. Lolz

^j^

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home